Zombie Protagonist: quick-play guide
- Use the arrow keys to move.
- Use the space bar to shout.
- When you shout, humans and zombies nearby will start following you.
- If you get far enough away from humans or zombies following you, they'll stop following you.
- You want humans to follow you into the purple thing. If you get at least one human into the purple thing, and survive till the end of the level, you'll go on to the next level.
- You do not want zombies or infected people in the purple thing. If any zombie or infected person gets into the purple thing, everyone dies and the game ends.
- If a human is touched by a zombie, they're infected, and are going to turn into a zombie soon.
- You can survive being touched by a zombie, but if too many get a hold on you, you'll die.
- Nobody can enter the safe haven (purple thing) unless you're in there. Watch out for nearby zombies that might follow you in as soon as you get there.
- It usually make sense to get a bunch of people to follow you at once, and take them all to the safe haven together. If any of them get touched by a zombie, though, you'll be looking at a horde in a few seconds.
- The next level starts when there aren't any humans left on the board. Ideally that means you save them all. On the other hand, it might be worth letting some get eaten if they're too hard to save. You're the hero, you have to make that call.
If you're interested, this was written in haXe, and targets the flash 9 platform. Feel free to browse the source. I release it under a modern BSD license.